Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Talking Lipstick

Confession: I had not bought new lipstick since we came to seminary almost seven years ago. From Clinique bonuses to drugstore sales, I had just stockpiled a whole bunch and finally ran out.

Seems kinda gross, but it all still worked just fine! I also generally rely on cherry ChapStick throughout the day instead of reapplying, so that stretched it further.

Anyway, the time came to buy new.

Aveda products are my favorite, but I know when to save and when to splurge. And, in my opinion, splurging on lipstick is just not worth it. For half the cost, I got Neutrogena that I am just as happy with. Jason encouraged me to go wild and get two!

Watermelon...unexpectedly flavored...a little frostier than I would prefer, but I like the shade of pink...


And healthy blush...perfect as I like a pretty neutral lip color...

Next time I'll probably keep the latter but try to find an alternative with a bit more color. And I'd like to do more research on products not tested on animals {a definite Aveda bonus} but needed a quick fix this time, and Neutrogena has always been my go-to.

Spill! What's your favorite lipstick? Are you a splurger or a saver on this staple? Bold or understated lip?

9 comments:

  1. I love the colors that you picked out! I like bold colors...I kind of break just about all of the make-up rules. lol. But, I think it helps my teeth look whiter. I'll have to try Nutrogena. I try to stay on the cheap with lipstick, unless it's a color that I already love. I hate paying a lot for something and it not working out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had not thought of the brighter/whiter idea. Smart!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/03/2014

    I'm a hard woman to 'stick it to. Mostly because I'm SO pale that almost all of the pigments are just too intense for me. So I prefer a pinkie-beige color. Right now it's good ol' Maybelline 20: Pink and Proper. Imagine my surprise to discover, after lunch with my mother and sister this past summer, that we were all busily re-applying that same shade! I also find most blushes way too intense. So I just dip a pinkie into the 'stick and smooth and blend it over my cheekbones. I can have the color I like AND control the intensity. Jeepers, I love make-up and all girly stuff, even though I do have "Tom Boy" tendencies.
    Fun questuion.
    Thank you, Tiffany!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! Yes, my pale skin makes me shy away from the bold colors, too. I love the idea of red lipstick but don't feel as if I can carry it off.

      Delete
  3. Lipstick is my favorite small treat to myself. My latest favorite neutral lip is by MAC and is called Modesty. It's nearly the same as my natural lip color, but it evens it all out, if that makes any sense. All of their lip products are a nice cream and smell like vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the good smelling stuff!

      Delete
  4. What a fun post! I recently... well no, wait... guess it was almost a year ago! OK, a year ago I got a lipstick from Clinique that I really like. It's one of those thick pencil stick thingies that they recently started carrying, so I think there's more in it than a regular tube of lipstick. Anyway, I really like it! I hardly ever use it (seriously, maybe once a month), but it's fun to have it to pull out here and there.

    Your lips look beautiful! Love both colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Clinique was my go-to growing up, too, but I haven't used it in awhile. Might have to look into that!

      Delete
  5. I just bought my first lipstick in about twenty-five years about a month ago. A blogger I read inspired me to try it again. I just got our grocery store fashion brand and I think I like it. It doesn't give me a lot of colour but just makes my lips look more even. It's good for a start. Maybe next time I'll be braver and get one with more colour! Maybe...

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...