Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Friday, April 19, 2013

National Library Week and Poetry

A lot going on in the reading world this week!

We're wrapping up the end of National Library Week. How did you celebrate? ;) Do you have any good library memories like these?

The Digital Public Library of America opened up, too. Have you checked out this cool resource yet?

Clearly, libraries are a hugely important part of our lives, and I think it's awesome that we set aside a week to celebrate them! We might just have to make a trip to one of our local favorites this weekend.

It's also National Poetry Month, and I thought, given the tragic events of this week, that this one was appropriate to share today.


So through the night rode Paul Revere;
And so through the night went his cry of alarm
To every Middlesex village and farm,
A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door,
And a word that shall echo for evermore!
For, borne on the night-wind of the Past,
Through all our history, to the last,
In the hour of darkness and peril and need,
The people will waken and listen to hear
The hurrying hoof-beats of that steed,
And the midnight message of Paul Revere.



{Full poem found here}

It's Friday! What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh reading... harder to do these days for me! I've been reading books about sleep and babies recently. :-/ Next on my list is "Brideshead Revisited," a classic novel I've always wanted to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--me too! I've been working on one fiction book since C was born. Sad!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/20/2013

    I'm reading 3 books just now:
    Jacob's Ladder, 10 Steps To Truth by Peter Kreeft
    New Proofs For The Existence of God (contributions of contemporary physics and philosophy), by Robert J. Spitzer,
    and for brain candy, the late Maeve Binchy's last book, finished shortly before she died:
    A Week In Winter
    Happy days and happy reading!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! You're doing much better than I am!

      Delete
  3. As you already know I LOVE libraries :) Can't wait to hear about some of the ones you visit.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...