Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Monday, February 04, 2013

Catherine's Party!

We had a great time celebrating Catherine's first birthday!


Because of our love for all things silly old bear, we went with a Winnie the Pooh theme. 

{Jason's Pooh bear on the mantel and her month-by-month pictures}

{daisies, more Pooh books, and a bear bank given to me by my Grandma Catherine made the centerpiece}

{The middle guy was mine when I was itty bitty; the other two are C's}

I printed a map of the Hundred Acre Wood for the front door, incorporated all our Pooh paraphernalia, and used Teddy Grahams as cake toppers. {And can I just say I had forgotten how yummy those little suckers are?!}


We kept the festivities simple for our little introvert, and I think it worked well. She had two friends over, and she watched them play for awhile from her pack-n-play before joining in the fun. {Luckily, there were no Christmas-style meltdowns when we opened presents.}

{love these two little gals with their high-tech toys}

The eating of the cupcake was also a great success...



It's always nice to be able to get in a couple of rare family photos.


And I'm not ashamed to say the birthday celebration is still going strong on the mantel. Quite a festive look!

8 comments:

  1. So very cute! I love Winnie the Pooh and now she'll feel a special connection to him her whole life. :-) And way to go with protecting your little introvert! It looks like she had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did! Hooray for a successful first birthday!

      Delete
  2. I love your birthday mantle! Especially with the monthly pictures. I may just have to steal that idea :) Also what a sweet party for a really sweet girl. Loved it!

    And Sam used to get Teddy Grahams for going on the potty. Now we've graduated to chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! I'm afraid if I used Teddy Grahams as a reward, I would eat half of them. :P

      Delete
  3. Hi Tiffany! Just hopped to your blog from Natasha's and had to say Happy Birthday to Catherine. I have to admit I watched her first year video first and you have quite an adorable little girl on your hands! What a great them, Winnie! Drew would have loved that. Looks like she loved her cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! She enjoyed her cupcake very much. :)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous2/05/2013

    The family photos were a sheer delight! Go, Team Norris!!!
    Happy days.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...