Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rocktober: Fitness Inspirations

I've been {sporadically} following along with Michelle's Rocktober Fit Challenge. Fun stuff!

Today's prompt of favorite fitness icon/inspiration got me thinking, and it needed more than a picture--a whole post. :)

I grew up working out with my mom {an aerobics instructor herself for awhile}, so fitness icons abounded in our house--Jane Fonda, Denise Austin, Joanie Greggins, Gilad Janklowicz, Lilias Folan, even Cindy Crawford {her workout was tough!}.

Following along with them made working out fun, so I'm glad to have that history. Even though I've struggled to find time for exercise since Miss C arrived, I know I have that foundation that I can return to when life settles down a bit.

When I got older and started running, movie runners always served as great inspiration, even though they were fictional. Watching Rocky go or even listening to that soundtrack always made me push a little harder!

And now that I'm transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, Alicia Silverstone and the Nutrition Diva have been big inspirations. If I'm eating better, I always feel like moving more. 

So those are my fitness inspirations--do you have any to share?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/17/2012

    I ride the exercise bike an hour each day for my heart. And I also do some weight training and stretches, but not as faithfully. The bike I never miss except on point of death. But I am by nature a sedentary person. I have friends who work out faithfully because they LOVE it. They used to promise me that one day I'd love it, too. But in many, MANY years, I am sad to say, that day has never arrived. However, Tiffany, I'm with you on this one...EVERYTHING works better when you take it out for a regular spin!
    Happy Days to us all, Road Runners and Slugs, alike!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking and thinking about it and I don't have any fitness inspirations to share. Maybe me when I was 23 and biking absolutely everywhere ALL. THE. TIME?!?!?!

    What is inspiring me to get fit now is my family. I will be happier and they will be happier when I'm happier with my body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me as well. I would love to bike more regularly, but our part of Texas isn't very bike-friendly!

      Delete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...