Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Monday, October 15, 2012

Book Genome Project

Are you fans of Pandora or Spotify like we are? I've found so much great new {to me} music through these services. If you're not familiar, Pandora, for instance, through the Music Genome Project, analyzes the music you listen to and like; then it recommends similar music.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a site that did the same thing for books?

Enter the Book Genome Project. {Be prepared to get addicted.}

I typed a few of my favorite titles into the site and received a nice list of other recommended authors and works based on the "story DNA."

I love that it gives you the feel of browsing a bookstore and that it doesn't just rely on ratings from other shoppers to make suggestions. My to-be-read list is going to get even longer!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds kind of cool actually. Unfortunately (or fortunately???) my to-read list is already very long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine as well. And always getting longer. ;)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/15/2012

    H-m-m-m, I don't suppose you know of such a thing based on cookie preference?
    Happy (cookie-filled) days!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best idea ever!!

      Delete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...