Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Remembering Ange

via http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/03/3359890/andy-griffith.html

Whenever I watch The Andy Griffith Show, it feels like home. I grew up watching it with my family, and we still have inside jokes like "just pay the man." We loved the Darlings, and you've never seen an Ernest T. Bass impression until you've seen my brother's. I never really watched his movies or Matlock {even though I am a big fan of the seersucker suit}, but I've always enjoyed everything I did see of Andy Griffith's work.

He was just a fine fella.

Luckily, I married a smart man, who loves Andy as much as my family did. When I went home for lunch today, Jason was playing some of our favorites like The Crawdad Song and Andy singing the theme song from the show. We might just have to listen to his classic descriptions of football and Romeo and Juliet tonight, too.

My college roommate and I felt a little blasphemous when we decided that fictional Andy was probably a commitment-phobe who lied to his kid on a pretty regular basis. But we loved him anyway. ;)

RIP, Andy Griffith. Thanks for the laughs.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/04/2012

    I agree. Mayberry seemed a LOT like my small hometown of Punxsutawney, Pa. Kids were free to play outside 'til the sun went down. People sat out on their porches and "stoops" just shooting the breeze with their neighbors and enjoying being together. Everybody knew everybody else for generations, and in difficult times we all pulled together because "it was the right thing." Andy Griffith always felt like somebody we actually knew. We will all miss him.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...