Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Organizing the Closet

When I was a kid, I {independently} lined up all the clothes in my little closet and started to wear them in order. That meant shorts in the winter, inappropriate clothes to church, etc. {Think my ISTJ tendencies started early?}

My poor mother.

Fast forward to adulthood, and I still wear things in order. But now I split up my tops and bottoms. For instance, I keep my skirts and pants in the order I wear them {so as not to repeat too often}, but I organize my shirts by style and color.

However, this all changed with the maternity period.

By the last few weeks of the pregnancy, I was happy with whatever fit, and that wasn't much! {Flashback...aw...}

As I've slowly started to get back into my regular clothes, I've kept things divided based on what fits and what doesn't yet as well as divided between work clothes and weekend clothes. {This will get even more complicated in the fall when I'm back to wearing a skirt or dress every day.}

So this is the closet now. {The only carpeted space in our house, oddly enough.}

I'm thinking its reorganization might be a fun little weekend project, and, looking at these pictures makes it even more clear that it is needed!

Any suggestions? How do you organize your closet?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/27/2012

    Summer in one closet, winter in the other. Then, short sleeves or long, capris or pants, skirts or dresses, sweaters and jackets. But one day I looked in my closet and saw that nearly everything was some shade of blue. How the heck did that happen?
    Happy Days, Tiffany!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thing happen with red--ha!

      Delete
  2. Mine is (sadly? weirdly?) ordered by ROYGBIV, with dresses in one long section and shirts in two stacked shorter sections, like yours. Weekend or non-weekend, it's all together. My skirts live on one of those tiered skirt hangers with the dresses. I love closet gadgets. :)

    While I was pregnant, I moved everything that didn't fit into the guest bedroom closet to make room for maternity things. About a month after Jack was born, I drew a line in the sand and packed all the maternity into the attic. About once a month I pull things out of the guest closet to try them on and add them back into my rotation if, to my great shock, they fit.

    Have fun organizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing with the maternity clothes when I went back to work, but I put all of my regular clothes in the closet. That way I have to stare at them every day. Maybe I should keep them in the kitchen instead--ha!
      I love the idea of doing ROYGBIV! I keep them separated by color, but I never know where to start.

      Delete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...