Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cousins!

My cousin {first cousin, once removed, if you want to get technical} and his wife were in town from New Mexico this week, so they stopped by the house to visit.


We were so excited to see them! It's always fun to get together with family, and it's one of the things I miss most about living in Alabama--connecting with extended family like this.

It had been years since we got together. How long?

Well, this is the last known picture of us from a family reunion.

And where was I for all the group picture-taking fun?

Examining credit card application forms{?!?!} apparently.

This photo keeps cracking me up. The hair, the outfit, the expression. Oh my.

Anyway, we had a great visit, and Miss Catherine was on her best behavior, even though it was just about bedtime.

When she got a little fussy, I rocked her while we talked, and she went straight off to sleep. I told Jason that I have so many memories of crawling up in my mother's lap and dozing while the grown-ups talked at visits like this.

It felt weirdly wonderful to be the grown-up holding my own little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...