Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bama Bathroom

This is another favorite room in the house: the guest bathroom. {Seriously!}

Before you get to looking, I wanted to do a quick disclaimer. I hope these house posts don't sound like bragging {or whining about what I still want!} or as if I'm overly focused on the house and material things.

We're first-time homeowners, so it's been fun to document the changes and improvements we've made in the last year. We're also on a shoestring budget {more like half a shoestring actually}, so I'm always encouraged to see what other people have been able to do on the cheap and wanted to share what we've done, too. So much of what is in our house has been generously given to us, so, in every room, we're reminded to be thankful and to be generous with others as well.

With that said, this is our guest bathroom! Actually, it's the one we use too when guests aren't here because the water pressure in the shower is about 50 times better than that in the master bath. {Need to get that checked probably.}

This is another room we painted the "official" Alabama gray {a darker shade than we used in C's bedroom}, so we thought we'd go all out with the Bama decor.

Houndstooth shower curtain {found on Amazon}...


Alabama records {via Half-Price and Ebay}...


And a couple of DIYs. I made black and silver photo frames a few years ago, so I just repainted one of those white and added a picture from our trip home.

And one of my favorites! We had also picked up a small can of the Alabama crimson when we bought the gray paint, and I kept telling Jason I wanted to do a sign like this that looked like a piece of scrap wood. We actually have some genuine ;) scrap wood pieces around the house, but nothing seemed right. Then I just found this piece on one of our walks, and it was perfect! {And we received the Denny Chimes print with our diplomas.}

In here, the only other thing I'd like to do is replace the floor one day. Otherwise, we love our Bama bathroom! Roll Tide!

15 comments:

  1. My husband would love the Alabama record albums. The gray wall color is really pretty.

    And my couch and love seat are upholstered in houndstooth. We lived with a broken couch for probably 6 months until I found a furniture maker that offered houndstooth. I'm no 'bama fan, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ha, yes, sometimes I think we act like we have a corner on houndstooth. :) I'll bet your furniture is beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I've surfed the net more than three hours today, and your blog was the coolest of all. Thanks a lot, it is really useful to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROLL TIDE ROLL!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RTR! Love the shower curtain. I have been looking for the perfect gray and I think the "official" gray may just be it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Home Depot has all the team colors--we love it. :) Roll Tide!

      Delete
  5. Dropping in from Kelly's Korner. RTR. I love the bathroom. We have an Alabama theme going in ours, but I've been wanting to paint it the gray for so long, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We love the gray! Roll Tide. :)

      Delete
  6. Cute theme!!! Would look better as a "Boomer Sooner" br though!! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Sooner born and sooner bred, huh? :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love your bama bathroom!! Roll tide! check out my blog to see my bama guest room!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love your room! Thanks for stopping by, and Roll Tide!

      Delete
  8. Being from Canada we don't have the same college spirit that seems to live in the States. However, your bathroom is really cute!

    Can you tell I'm behind on reading the SUYL posts? And I'm interested (or obsessed!) enough to want to read every single one?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...