Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Second Best Mistake Ever

Catherine and I recently read The Best Mistake Ever by Richard Scarry. Such a fun story! The main character is supposed to go to the grocery for his mom, pick up several healthy items, and bring them home. Instead, he gets confused and gets not so healthy items. 

You'll have to read it to see how it turns out, but I had a happy little mistake myself this week. Being perpetually confused these days, I picked up only chocolate almond milk instead of both that and the regular kind at the store recently. I like the chocolate because it's a healthy dessert {still feeling like I need something sweet every night}, but I use plain almond milk in my smoothies every morning.

Breakfast, incidentally, is always a smoothie of almond milk, frozen fruit, banana, apple, and either spinach or carrots--yum! Sneaky way to get in an extra serving of veggies, and you can't even taste them.

Anyway, rather than going back to the store mid-week {one of my top five pet peeves}, I tried a new recipe with the chocolate almond milk this morning. Yum indeed.

Chocolate almond milk, peanut butter, banana, apple, spinach, and ice instead of frozen fruit.

Definitely going in the rotation.

What do you like for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...