Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm going home to see my mother...she said she'd meet me when I come...

I'm coming up on my first Mother's Day as a mother. Jason, feel free to peruse the turned-down pages of the Tiffany catalog. ;) Just kidding--I'm assuming the best

Anyway, not to be a downer, but the last 10 years of Mother's Days have been tough. When you've lost your mother, and you're not a mother, there's just no way around the tough. I don't mean at all to sound like we shouldn't honor moms, but with the prevalence of ads, store displays, events at church--it's just a constant reminder during this season. 

This year, though, is especially bittersweet. I adore being a mom to this sweet, sweet girl...

And I'm so excited to celebrate that!

But I find myself missing my mother more this year than ever before because I know she would love our little one so much, too!

So I scanned a few more photos {here are some from a previous year} to help me remember Catherine's Marmee and to help me remember to be thankful that I had such a wonderful mother...




So, if your mama is still with you, do as the Bear said, and call her!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/12/2012

    Tiffany, you were blessed to have a mother who inspired such love in her children. I wish you many, many happy Mother's Days, each more beautiful than the last. There's a church near here that has a sign for this Sunday that reads: "The child's schoolroom is the mother's heart." Your mother must have been a wonderful teacher...and because she was, you will be, too. May baby Catherine continue the tradition.
    Happy days!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...