Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Naming Names

I realized that I've never given the back story on Catherine's name, so I thought I'd share that (and showcase a few more recent pictures--you're welcome). ;)

Catherine was my paternal grandmother's name, and it's one that we have both just really liked for a long, long time. My grandmother passed when I was only four, but she was quite special to my family. So it's nice to be able to honor her memory.




We also wanted to honor both of our mothers, but it took us awhile to decide how. My mother's name was Janice, so we thought about that as well as January, which actually was a close second to Catherine. We also really liked Jason's mom's middle name, Gayle, but we had trouble combining them all and deciding whether we wanted to saddle her with three names.



But the more we thought about it, the more we liked the idea of giving her three names. (And someone may have mentioned George Herbert Walker Bush--thank you, Uncle Michael, for encouraging my presidential aspirations for her.) ;)




And, when we saw her, we knew it fit--Catherine Gayle Janice Norris. We like it, and we hope she does, too.




We're not planning to shorten Catherine, but you know how those things go. We still call her "Baby Girl" a good bit as well as Wiggly, Flopsy (not so much anymore since she's getting better at holding her head up), Kitten, and, of course, Fred calls her New Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/22/2012

    Oh my gosh! Is that child exhibiting "'Bama Pride" ALREADY? Will her first words be, "Roll TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...