Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Non-School Reading, Alternative Guide to Dallas, and Renewing Wedding Vows

Anyone reading anything good these days? I've been devouring N.T. Wright's work lately (The Way of the Lord was the latest), and I'm also reading Murdering Mr. Monti by Judith Viorst (of Alexander--the one with the very bad day--fame). It's always fun to take a break from school reading.

But one of the class books I did enjoy from this semester was The Information by James Gleick. It was looong and had some overly technical (from my perspective) chunks in the middle...but, overall, a good read.

One of the bits I found interesting was the discussion on Wikipedia--its history, what gets left in and what gets removed (bringing up the ubiquitous question for information scientists of what is information). I especially enjoy reading the histories on pages to see what edits have been made.

Anyway, here's an article with more on that. I believe there's even a wiki-morgue of sorts out there paying tribute to what is gone.

Moving on...anyone visiting Dallas this holiday season? (If you are, be sure to say hello!) Here's an alternative guide for you, complete with vegan dining options and "cool, random stuff." (And, oddly enough, I just noticed that this came from a site I referenced in my qualitative research final paper...random indeed.)

An update on the digital natives...

And if Mr. McBookworm and I ever renew those vows, I'm thinking this is how we'll do it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/15/2011

    LOVE the Library-themed wedding!
    Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...