Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

RIP, KTW

I was so sorry to hear that Kathryn Tucker Windham passed. What an amazing Alabamian and beautiful lady.

I first encountered Ms. Windham in fourth grade when I had the flu. I was stuck in bed for almost a week, and I plowed through the 13 Ghosts and Jeffrey series, enchanted by her descriptions and spooked (in a fun way) by the idea of ghosts roaming around the Southern states.

Jason and I had the privilege of getting to know her when we worked at Alabama Public Radio. He knew her much better than I did, editing her stories and interviewing her for her spots on air.

I mostly admired her from a distance, but I will forever cherish her willingness to support public radio (to listen and not give, as she said, was "just plumb tacky"), her recipe for apricot bread, and her everyday sort of stories that meant so much more to us than just the everyday. She leaves quite a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...