Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Triple Threat

Pumpkin Squares...

Pumpkin Leek Soup...

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds...

The squares were fine. A lot like the crumb cake.

The leek soup was amazing! To my knowledge, I have never had any interaction with leeks.

If you find yourself in this situation, too, let me give you a heads-up. They're HUGE. They took up almost a whole shelf in the fridge...but you only use the white/light green part at the very end. Maybe 1/4 of the leek.

Why do they sell them so big?! Big or small, they're tasty little suckers. A lot like wild onion. Not as strong as regular onions...simply perfect with the pumpkin. (And perfect with my little white pumpkin from the Farmers' Market.)

The soup also called for chunks of real pumpkin. Thus, the roasted seeds.

Two things to note:
-Pumpkins are really, really hard to peel. So hard that I think I may never do it again.
-Those roasted seeds are pretty tasty themselves. I have another recipe that I'm going to try if we ever get around to getting another pumpkin to carve.

1 comment:

  1. I love leeks! And that soup sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...