Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Double Pumpkin

I realized, at the rate I was going, my pumpkin recipes were going to take me through December. If you've read very long, you know that's peppermint/hot chocolate season (#seasonaleater), so I've decided to start doubling up on the pumpkin fun.

Last week, I made a pumpkin crumb cake...

It was yummy but hard to taste the pumpkin. Tasted more like a really moist cinnamon roll. But, still, quite tasty!

Also, a black bean pumpkin soup...

Pretty tasty; only a couple of complaints. 1) My pal Debra made a better one a couple of weeks ago (more of a kick...I'll be trying that recipe soon)! 2) As I've gotten older, some things (like beans) stick more heavily with me, so I really had to limit the amount I ate. I wanted a big, warm bowl but just had to have a tiny one for lunch every day.

This weekend, it's time for the annual Great Pumpkin viewing tradition, so I'll try to come up with something special for that one!

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of black bean pumpkin soup although I made a black bean sweet potato chili last week that was great.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...