Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Friday, October 02, 2009

Follow Friday

Follow Friday is a thing that goes around on Twitter, and this week, I'm bringing it to the blog.

I've had the pleasure of discovering some great new blogs in the last few weeks (some just new to me), so here are my recommendations...

Frugal in Fort Worth (frugal author)
If you live in the DFW area, and you're poor like we are or just a cheapskate ;), this is the site for you! She offers great suggestions for free or almost-free stuff to do, gives you coupons and highlights fun things in the area that I otherwise wouldn't know about.

Our Eyes Opened (Tesney)
Tesney is a friend from college, and she and her family are adopting a little guy from Eastern Europe. They have started an incredible journey! Most posts will also leave you laughing.

Playing Grown Up (Brooke)
This is such a lovely, creative and inspiring blog! I met Brooke briefly when I lived in Tuscaloosa, and we have a few mutual friends. She worked (works?) for my favorite coffee shop there, Heritage House. Oh, Heritage House, how I miss your yummy brews. Anyway, check her out--she's fabulous!

Unlocking Femininity (various authors)
This is a site started by five female seminary students and is about what it means to be a godly woman. Disclaimer: I don't agree with everything they say, especially the gender stereotyping (women have a more "tender, sensitive heart" than men for example. Um, have they met my husband and me? No? Oh. OK.). However, they write well and make some excellent points (the post on Carrie Prejean? Loved. it.). And who says you have to agree with everything you read? There's something to be said for entertaining viewpoints that are different from your own.

So there are my suggestions. Enjoy, and have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...