Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Re-reading and re-linking

Do you re-read your favorite books, or do you save your precious reading time for all new material? If you do re-read, what are your choices and why? Here's a story on the pleasures of re-reading...

I try to read To Kill a Mockingbird every fall. Even though a large part of it is set in the summer, it has a fall feel to me. I also enjoy reading A Christmas Carol every...you guessed it...Christmas. I also can't get enough of Harry Potter--especially as the new movies continue to come out. Having finally completed my collection, I'm about to go back through A Series of Unfortunate Events as well. And reading Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott and C.S. Lewis has become a lot like catching up with old friends.

OK, I'll stop now. Your turn!

Meanwhile...

Do you love libraries? (Don't we all?) Then this improved site is just for you!

A big ol' book fair comes to town...

On the serious side, a new government report examining the role of museums and libraries in strengthening communities...

Libraries will also be strengthening the online community...

More thoughts on the Kindle...

Troubling info about some phony medical journals...take your pick of three links about the same story:
http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/5973
http://www.the-scientist.com/blog/print/55671/
http://crookedtimber.org/2009/05/11/friends-dont-let-friends-publish-in-elsevier-journals/

4 comments:

  1. Re-reading is something I do often especially with the books I hold dearly in my heart. I've re-read C.S. Lewis countless times, especially The Chronicles of Narnia and I'll probably continue to do so at least every year. I re-read Charles Dickens, he's one of my favorite authors, I haven't read A Christmas Carol though, it's definitely on my to read list. I tend to re-read adventure and fantasy books, like Harry Potter, I always like visiting his world every once in a while. So pretty much yes I'm big into re-reading but I also like getting my hands on new literary finds; currently I'm reading a lot of Japanese literature and I'm about to tackle The Tale of Genji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way thanks for the links. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we have similar reading tastes! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't reread very much, but I have reread The Shepherd of the Hills and plan to read it again.(re-reread????) Also To Kill a Mockingbird. I just love those two books.

    On the offbeat side I have reread The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe and at some point in the future will probably read it again.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...