Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Certified...as in Bonafide

This week, I received my Certificate of Education and Ministry from SWBTS. Here I am with my fellow graduates...



(I love that I look so tall in this photo.) Anyway, the certificate program is actually really cool. As a seminary spouse, you can take courses for a teensy fraction of the cost of "regular" tuition. And I thought it was nice that it counted toward something like a certificate instead of just taking classes for the heck of it, which I guess would be fine, but I'm easily motivated by rewards. :)

So, here are the classes I took: Wife of the Equipping Minister, Greek, Spiritual Development of Children, Old Testament, Basic Christian Doctrine and New Testament. They were all excellent, but Greek and Basic Christian Doctrine were both absolutely incredible.

Because the classes are offered on a rotating basis, you get your certificate without having to take each one in the program...but you also miss out on some cool professors and classes. So I'm hoping to continue to take classes until Jason graduates. (Next up is Woman to Woman Ministry in the Fall.) It won't count for another certificate, but they've got me hooked now. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is awesome! Congratulations girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Got word today that I was "accepted for continuing ed," so it looks like I'm good to go for the fall. I think we'll both perpetually be in school. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congratulations Tiff =)
    Are y'all professional students? (teasing) Seriously, your CEM's quite an accomplishment and I have a great respect for people who discipline themselves for continuing ed.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...