Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Friday, September 19, 2008

Pumpkin & Spice & Everything Nice

Fall!!!

Thanks to Ike, we are actually having beautiful fall weather here. 70s/80s for daytime highs and down in the 50s at night! It's perfect!

To me, Fall = football, dark denim jacket, hearing the crisp leaves under your feet, cinnamon, brown colors everywhere, wearing a coat to walk the dog in the morning, watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," scary stories, fall music...but the absolute best thing about Fall is the...

Pumpkin Spice Latte

If you keep up with me on Facebook, you've probably read my status updates extolling its virtues and describing my daily cravings. Seriously, the week they came out--I drank five. It was killing my diet and my budget! So, now I'm down to two a week...or sometimes three.

Anyway, for further proof of my obsession, I altered Dolly's classic "Here You Come Again." Hey, it was a long drive to work this morning. Enjoy, and happy Fall. (I'm off to Starbucks.)

Here you come again
Just when I've begun to get my weight together
You waltz right in the door
Just like every Fall before
And wrap my heart 'round your little finger

Here you come again
Just when I'm about to make it to work without you
I pass you on all my drives
And you lie those pretty lies
And pretty soon I'm wonderin' what's an afternoon without you

All I have to do is smell that smell
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in one quick fell
You're messin' up my mind and fillin' up my senses

Here you come again
Lookin' better than a coffee has a right to
And shakin' me up so that all I really know
Is here you come again ...And here I go

4 comments:

  1. Such a favorite of mine too! I'm going to have to add a budget item to our family's finance package so that I can accommodate my fixation! :) Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha..ha..that is too funny! I love the song! Girl...you know I understand addiction to Starbucks!!! Pumpkin Spice latte and Eggnog latte season is here! Can I get an amen??? Enjoy your Starbucks!he..he..he..

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my goodness! I absolutely LOVE the Fall and all the things you mentioned! I'll have to try that Pumpkin Spice Latte!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOOVE Pumpkin Spice Lattes! I believe they put crack or some other addictive narcotic inside them.

    I get mine adjusted to make it NOT so bad for me... non fat milk, and 2 pumps of syrup in a grande or 3 pumps in a venti....

    And the sad, pathetic deal I made w/ myself was that if I was ASKED if I wanted whipped cream, I would say no. If they didn't ask... I could have it.

    They always freaking ask.

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...