Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Monday, June 09, 2008

Fathers, Be Good to Your Daughters...

I had so much fun remembering my mom for Mother's Day that I thought I would return the favor for Dad. I'm so thankful that I am continuing to make memories with him, and I am excited about seeing him this week! (Get ready, Alabama!)

One of the things I'm most thankful for is that Dad provided me with a strong foundation for my faith. He instilled habits in me like studying the Bible (which we're doing here in this picture), faithfully sharing the money you earn and going to church. But he also helped me realize that your relationship with God is strengthened by--not dependent on--habits.


This picture is from a trip Dad and I took to Gatlinburg in 2003. We climbed to the top of "the Chimneys," and it was so much fun (and a great view). We are still talking about making the trip again, and we might let other people come with us this time. :)

This picture says a lot about our relationship. We drink a lot of coffee. A lot. I blame/thank Dad for my coffee addiction. He can still drink me under the table, though. (And he is so polite when I do crazy things--like dying my hair red.)

Dad is a fantastic grandfather. The kiddos love him, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual!


But...he is just as nice to his grand-dog. Fred adores "Grandpa," and he always stays really close when Dad comes to visit. (Dad always finds awesome toys for him, too.)

So that's a quick introduction to my dad! Basically, I think he's awesome, and I thank God every day for him!

2 comments:

  1. He sounds lovely. What a nice tribute (I hope he reads your post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet tribute!

    ReplyDelete

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...