Search No Faint Hearts

Loading...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

December post

OK, apparently my posts have gone from weekly to monthly! Sorry about that. It's been a hectic few weeks, and I am more than ready for my Christmas break.

Just for an update, I'll be filling in at Alabama Public Radio during my hiatus from American Christian Academy. Looking forward to being back in news, even if it's just for a few weeks!

Big New Year's resolutions coming, too. I know, I know. I do this every year, and every year I have a hard time keeping them. But this year is different; I'm married! And that means Jason and I are resolving together, and hopefully we'll be holding each other more accountable.

Just a few on the top of my list:

1) Keep up with my blogs! haha No, seriously, it's a good exercise in writing and good for lots of other reasons.

2) I'm going meatless! I read a quote the other day from someone who went vegetarian and said "I was an animal lover who ate animals." Ouch. That's me, and that's hard for me to reconcile. Now, before you sign me up with PETA, I'm not condemning those of you who enjoy your steak, chicken or quail! I think God put animals on the Earth for us to use as we see fit, but I just no longer feel comfortable using them as food.

3) I've just finished reading Charles Sheldon's In His Steps, and it was life-changing. I'm resolving, as those in the book did, to take no action without first considering what Jesus would do (or what He would have me do). Anyway, I highly recommend checking it out, especially if you're a Christian. It's so easy to get settled and comfortable in our routines and not really be the kind of disciples we should be.

That's it on the resolutions for now.

If any of you have read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, maybe you could tell me if it's worth it! It's so long!!! I loved The Fountainhead, but this one seems tougher. Ho-Ho-Hum.

Anyway, happy week-before-Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll respond to comments within 24 hours, so check the post again for follow-ups!

Read from the beginning...